I am a food allergy mom, list maker, and graphic designer. Just so you know, my lists often contain affiliate links to help support the blog. Read my full disclosure if you have questions. Be sure to check out my food allergy awareness items and follow me on twitter and facebook for more lists, new products, and coupon codes!
Have an idea for a food allergy friendly list or suggestions for additions to a current list? Contact me!
Food Free Easter Basket Ideas
Traditionally, Easter baskets are filled with a big chocolate bunny and a lot of candy. Maybe a small toy or two makes their way into the basket. If you are looking to take some of the emphasis away from all that candy, consider some candy alternatives to fill the baskets.
- Food allergy themed books; check out our long list.
- Easter themed books – a long list here.
- Giant kid’s coloring books with a bunny theme.
- Easter Mad Libs.
- Adult coloring books with an Easter theme can be fun for older kids. Check out Spring designs or Easter Egg designs.
- Stuffed animals like cute lamb or bunny beanie boos.
- Lego Easter egg hunt set.
- A cute Lego Bunny.
Fun Easter Grass alternatives
Easter grass is that crinkly, stringy plastic or craft paper material that comes in brightly colors and fills the bottom of an Easter Basket. It is available in many colors and materials. There are some DIY tutorials online on how to make your own which is a bit more environmentally friendly too. It may not appeal to you to use since it’s not exactly safe for little kids who may try to put it in their mouths. I was never a fan of those little strings can be found around the house for months after. We tend to use some more creative ideas for the bottom of the basket.
- Spring-time pajamas! Last year we placed cute bunny nightgown (with matching doll nightgown) and baseball pajamas at the bottom of my kid’s Easter baskets.
- Depending on the size of your basket these fun mini Pillow Pet Wee Wee Pillows may fit.
- If your child has a special doll maybe some fun new doll clothes or a springtime raincoat and umbrella for the doll.
- We found that cute little Beanie Boo slippers fit perfect at the bottom of a basket.
- Spring is a great time to get a jersey, shirt, or hat of your local baseball team. We are Clevelanders so my son is getting a new Cleveland Indians shirt at the bottom of his basket this year.
- Socks. Yes, socks. Not just normal socks though, this is the time to get the funny toe socks, the fuzzy animal knee socks, local sports team socks, or days of the week socks. Who doesn’t love emoji socks? They make a great filler for the bottom of the basket, are super practical, and the weirder the socks, the more the kids love them.
Smaller Food Free “Egg Stuffers” Ideas
Check out this list below for tiny-sized items that will fit inside eggs other than candy. Amazon also sells pre-filled Easter Eggs with cute little toys already inside too! That eliminates the work of filling the eggs! Especially those of us who wait until the last minute to prepare for an Easter Egg Hunt. Any of these can also be placed in the Easter basket.
- Action Figures – Classic little army guys are always fun.
- Bubbles – Easter egg necklace bubbles.
- Cars – Pre-filled eggs with little tiny cars inside.
- Dinosaurs – Pre-filled eggs with dinosaur toys.
- Erasers – Spring themed mini-erasers.
- Finger Puppets – Little monster finger puppets.
- Finger Traps – Chinese finger traps.
- Friendship Bracelets – Make your own or find some find some pre-made bracelets.
- Glow Sticks – Available in sticks, necklaces, bracelets and rings.
- Kaleidoscopes – Small colorful kaleidoscopes or prisms.
- Key Chains – Fuzzy emoji keychains or rubber ducky keychains.
- Led Finger Lights – Mini finger lights available in lots of colors.
- Lip Whistles – Whistles that look like lips or mustaches.
- Mazes – Easter bunny maze games.
- Parachute Toys – Easter bunny paratroopers.
- Pencil Toppers – Animal pencil top erasers.
- Pirate Treasure Coins – Fun gold coin treasure.
- Rings – Light up rings or plastic rings.
- Silly Putty – Classic silly putty in egg-shaped containers – no need to put in an Easter egg.
- Slap Bracelets – A variety of styles of slap bracelets.
- Slinkies – Emoji themed spring coils.
- Stamps – Mini stampers come with their own ink.
- Stickers – Cute Easter-themed stickers.
- Sticky Hands – Available in a variety of sizes and styles.
- Tattoos – Easter bunny and little chick tattoos. Be careful of skin sensitivities as some tattoos contain soy or other allergens.
- Tops – Plastic swirl spin tops.
- Toy Cars – Pull back monster trucks.
- Whistles – Keychain whistles are loud but fun.
- Wind-Up Toys – Wind up ladybugs, Easter eggs, and other assorted toys.
- Yo-Yos – Funny emoji face yo-yos will be a hit with kids.
Related Easter Posts: