Traditionally, Easter baskets are filled with a big chocolate bunny and a lot of candy. Maybe a small toy or two makes their way into the basket. If you are looking to take some of the emphasis away from all that candy, consider some candy alternatives to fill the baskets. *post contains affiliate links
Food Free Easter Basket Ideas
- Food allergy-themed books; check out our long list.
- Easter-themed books – a long list here.
- Easter Mad Libs.
- Easter Dot Marker Activity Book.
- Hidden Pictures Easter-themed book.
- Adult coloring books with an Easter theme can be fun for older kids. Check out Spring designs or Easter Egg designs.
- Stuffed animals like cute lamb or bunny beanie boos.
- Lego Easter Activity Book.
- Lego Easter egg hunt set.
- A cute Lego Bunny.
Smaller Food Free “Egg Stuffers” Ideas
Check out this list below for tiny-sized items that will fit inside eggs other than candy. Amazon also sells pre-filled Easter Eggs with cute little toys already inside too! That eliminates the work of filling the eggs! Especially those of us who wait until the last minute to prepare for an Easter Egg Hunt. Any of these can also be placed in the Easter basket.
- Bath Bombs – Bunny surprise bath bombs.
- Bendy Toys – Bendy bunnies.
- Bubbles – Kawaii food bubbles.
- Fidget Toys – Fidget wristband bracelet poppers.
- Finger Puppets – Little monster finger puppets.
- Finger Traps – Chinese finger traps.
- Fidget Bracelets – Fidget zipper bracelets.
- Friendship Bracelets – Make your own or find some pre-made bracelets.
- Led Finger Lights – Mini finger lights are available in lots of colors.
- Mazes – Easter bunny maze games.
- Mini Slingshots – Tiny frog stretchy slingshots.
- Parachute Toys – Easter bunny paratroopers.
- Pencil Toppers – Animal pencil top erasers.
- Pirate Treasure – Gold coins and jewels.
- Rings – Light up rings or plastic rings.
- Silly Putty – Classic silly putty in egg-shaped containers – no need to put in an Easter egg.
- Stamps – Mini stampers come with their own ink.
- Stickers – Cute Easter-themed stickers.
- Stickers – Kawaii animal stickers.
- Sticky Hands – Available in a variety of sizes and styles.
- Stress Balls – Puffy chick stress balls.
- Stress Popper – Bunny Shaped stress popper.
- Tattoos – Easter bunny and little chick glitter tattoos. Be careful of skin sensitivities as some tattoos contain soy or other allergens.
- Water Growers – Water-growing dinosaurs.
- Water Growers – Water-growing unicorns.
- Wind-Up Toys – Wind up chicks and bunnies.
- Whoopie Cushion – Variety of sizes.
In a Hurry? Buy Prefilled Eggs
- 6 jumbo eggs with ponies
- 6 jumbo eggs with slime
- 12 eggs with bubbles
- 12 eggs with dinosaur building toys
- 12 eggs with pullback vehicles
- 12 eggs with tiny cars
- 12 eggs with wind up bunnies and chicks
- 18 eggs with plush animal slap bracelets
- 20 eggs with mini-figures
- 24 eggs with squishies
- 48 eggs with a variety of toys
- 60 eggs with a variety of toys
Empty Eggs to Fill
Fun Easter Grass alternatives
Easter grass is that crinkly, stringy plastic or kraft paper material that comes in bright colors and fills the bottom of an Easter Basket. It is available in many colors and materials. There are some DIY tutorials online on how to make your own which is a bit more environmentally friendly too. It may not appeal to you to use since it’s not exactly safe for little kids who may try to put it in their mouths.
- Spring-time pajamas can be placed at the bottom of the Easter basket.
- Spring-themed towels and blankets would fill the bottom of a basket nicely.
- Socks. Yes, socks. Not just normal socks though, this is the time to get the funny, fuzzy silly socks.