Allergy-Friendly Halloween Candy
As early as August, Halloween candy begins to sneak into the stores. If you are dealing with a food allergy it is not always easy to grab the first witch or vampire-themed treat to fill your child’s treat bags. We have found a few allergy-friendly companies that cater to some restricted diets. Check out the links below for some Halloween-themed allergy-friendly treats to find some dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and dye-free delights! Some of these items can be found in stores while others need to be ordered online. Always read labels and allergen warnings to figure out what is safe and what you should avoid. Contact us to let us know of any other allergy-friendly Halloween candy that we can add to this list!
PLEASE NOTE: This list was compiled as a starting point for some allergen-friendly Halloween candy. Information was obtained by the manufacturer’s website allergen info, see links for each listed. Please, as always, double-check ingredients before eating! Lil Allergy Advocates can not guarantee any of the information below is still accurate. We have not personally tried each item on the list yet, but many are staples in our family. This post contains some affiliate links.
Chocolates, Cookies & Candy
- Amanda’s Own – Autumn and Halloween-themed chocolates and candy free of dairy, tree nuts, peanuts, eggs, and gluten.
- Free2B – Sunflower butter cups free of the top 12 common allergens.
- Gimbals Fine Candy – Gourmet jelly beans, lava balls, and licorice are peanut-free, tree nut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and egg-free.
- Happy Bites – Dairy-free, gluten-free candy corn, and licorice.
- Lenny and Larrys – Vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, and keto cookies available in a variety of flavors.
- Natural Candy Store – Online store for candy, searchable by special diets including Top 8 free, organic, vegan, and nut-free. Many different types are sold through their website.
- No Whey Chocolate – Vegan chocolates free of dairy, eggs, gluten peanuts, and tree nuts. Lots of fun skeleton, pumpkin, and fall goodies.
- Pink Panda – Gluten-free, plant-based gummy candies.
- Project 7 – Vegan, organic, dye-free, low sugar lollipops and gummy candies.
- Red Bird – Gluten-free and fat-free as well as some other allergens.
- Rockets – Lollipops, Candy Money, Fizzy Hearts, Candy Necklaces, and Candy Rings and Breath Savers are available at this company. All products are free from the following: milk, egg, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, soy, mustard, or peanuts. They are also vegan and gluten-free.
- Smart Sweets – Plant-based, no artificial dyes, peanut-free, tree nut-free, gluten-free, low sugar sweet and sour candies.
- Smarties – Candy necklaces and all varieties of Smarties candies are free of milk, egg, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soy. They are also vegan and gluten-free.
- Spangler Candy – Dum Dums, Candy Canes, Saf-T-Pops, and Marshmallow Peanuts do not contain many of the food allergens, including peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, or wheat gluten. They are all manufactured on dedicated equipment.
- Surf Sweets – Jelly beans and gummy candies free from dairy/casein, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, sesame, and sulfites. They are also made with natural colors and flavors.
- Tootsie – All Tootsie Roll Industry products are Peanut free and Gluten-free. Many are also egg-free. Check labels for specific candy.
- Torie and Howard – Dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, egg-free, vegan, and kosher hard and chewie candies.
- UnReal – Vegan, gluten-free, low sugar chocolate candies.
- VerMints – These flavored mints are vegan, organic dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and conforms to kosher standards.
- Vermont Nut-Free Chocolates – Peanut and tree nut-free chocolates, some are egg-free as well.
- Yummy Earth – Gummies, jellybeans, and lollipops made in their facilities are free of peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, dairy, wheat, soy, sesame, shellfish, and eggs. They are also dye-free.
Chips & Popcorn
- Enjoy life Plentils – These crunchy chips are made of potato and lentils free from wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish plus sulfites, crustaceans, sesame, and mustard.
- Skinny Pop Popcorn – Their products are made in an allergen-free production facility and are completely nut, egg, and dairy-free. They even added a chocolate popcorn flavor!
- Way Better Tortilla Chips – Many flavors of tortilla chips that are gluten-free, peanut and tree nut-free, and most are dairy-free.
- Enjoy life Bars and Trail Mix – Many different flavors of chewy bars plus trail mix free from wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish plus sulfites, crustaceans, sesame, and mustard.
- Made Good Granola Bars – Granola Bars are made in a dedicated facility free from the 8 common allergens: peanut, tree nuts, wheat, dairy, egg, soy, sesame, fish, and shellfish. They are also organic, gluten-free.
- No Nuttin Bars – Granola bars manufactured in a dedicated facility free of ALL of the top 11 food allergens and gluten.